Thursday, March 8, 2012

A plan of action

Well, about six weeks ago I claimed to haver resumed blogging but, oh my goodness, I didn't even write one blog entry in all of February! I have a really good excuse though...I was busy. This time not with school work but with planning the next phase of my life. After weeks of exploring different options, gathering information and agonizing over decisions, I've got a plan of action. It looks something like this:

Step 1. Quit your job.
Step 2. Drive across the country.
Step 3. Start new job.
Step 4. Repeat steps 1-3.

Some of you may recognize this as a similar plan to the one carried out in 2006. This time, sadly, I don't know when or if I'll ever return to live in San Francisco. I will, however, fulfilll my dream to be a National Park Service ranger by spending the summer at Cape Hatteras National Seashore. It will also give me an opportunity to achieve another dream I've had since moving to San Francisco: wearing shorts in the summer. I think this is the last time I can remember wearing shorts!

Moving to California...September 2003. Note the bike-laden Sentra.
I've applied to some Ph.D. programs and will likely apply to some winter seasonal park ranger jobs as well so I don't know where I'll be in six months but I'm looking forward to the adventure! As I prepare to leave San Francisco I leave you with this parting shot taken as I put the finishing touches on my thesis.

The sun finally sets on my thesis

2 comments:

  1. WOW, that is an aggressive plan. And there is often something that comes along that doesn't seem to fit. It will, be open, after the sun sets, comes a sun rise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of a young college grad in shorts! Whatever happened to that Sentra?

    ReplyDelete