Sunday, March 18, 2012

Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something.

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." These were supposedly the last words of famed Mexican Revolution General Pancho Villa. As tonight is my last in San Francisco (I won't say ever because my mom always says never say never and I assume the same applies to ever) I was hoping to write a blog entry that would sum up my experience here, reflect on some of the important milestones I've passed and maybe even impart some wisdom from my time as a Californian, dude. However, I was so busy wrapping up loose ends at work, attending and presenting at the NAI Region 9 Workshop in Yosemite this weekend and trying to pack up all my stuff that I just haven't had the time for such reflection. So this is how the last Rear Window entry from San Francisco ends, not with anything profound but just a couple of random memories that came to mind as I was packing and visiting with friends today. In no particular order, here are just a few of my favorite memories.

-The excitement of moving to San Francisco and getting an apartment with Sarah Kaufman and Nate Rogers.
-The Giants winning the World Series and meeting Tim Lincecum the following week. By the way, Drew and I carried the orange lights onto Alcatraz that lit up the lighthouse during the Series.
-Seeing Barry Bonds break the home run record at AT&T Park with Adam.
-Getting my first public speaking experiences at Alcatraz.
-Delivering programs with Drew, especially on my last day.
-Hearing Cheriena sing House of the Rising Sun at Carmen's.
-Hiking Half Dome with Angie.
-Best roommates Zack, Allie and Brendan.
-Crab fishing with Tara.
-Trail running in the Presidio.
-Moon rises and sunsets at Alcatraz.
-And finally, since I will be heading to Reno tomorrow on my trip east, here is a short video highlight from my 2010 visit there when I met the world famous Reno Stephanie. 

Well, wow, I guess that was more than a few but thank you everyone for all the great times! I am looking forward to  the new adventures ahead. I will do my best to keep you all posted with a "photo of the day" as I make my trip east as Rear Window will become Rear View Window for the next two weeks.

P.S. This was the first Rear Window post that had nothing to do with looking out the window. I did have a lot of other great ideas that I never got around to writing up but I'll save them for another time.

2 comments:

  1. As my mates and I said amid our trek through South America, "travel safe and travel on," good luck old friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be with you along the way! May your path be clear of obstacles and your heart filled with joy!

    ReplyDelete