Friday, July 15, 2011

The tyranny of blogging

When I set out to start this blog I had what I thought to be a reasonable goal of posting once per week. For the most part I have stuck to it but the first time I missed my weekly deadline I got a call from my mom. "Where's your blog?" she asked. When I replied that I had been too busy that week she explained to me "the tyranny of blogging".

It starts out all fun and games. It's a fun, new, creative outlet. Your friends sign up to follow and at least say that they read and enjoy it. You feel quite good about yourself for doing something creative and productive. But other obligations and vices intrude and the honeymoon ends. Next thing you know the days are flying by and the pressure to come up with an interesting new photo or funny anecdote to post grows and grows until the blog becomes your boss, another "person" to answer to, another job that must be done. I suppose this is the point Rear Window has reached since I haven't posted anything in over two weeks. Vacations and school work have taken priority but also provided some material for future posts. So my creative energy is still high and Rear Window will carry on with the intended once a week post.

I saw a beautiful sight out the living room window on Wednesday night. I was sleeping in the living room because my sister was in town and sleeping on the world's softest backache producing bed in my room. I woke at about 4am and saw the almost full moon just starting to set through the fog towards the Pacific. I snapped a few quick photos before drifting back to sleep. I hope you enjoy them since the fog spoiled our full and almost full moon rises over the last two days.




1 comment: